Table of contents
Click a title to jump straight to the section.
1. Unable to log into the Mira Prism app via the Mira Headset’s iPhone.
- A user will need to log into the Mira Prism app the first time it is ever launched on an iPhone. Logging in for the first time will require someone to input an email and password created during account set-up.
- Make sure you have set up an account. For more information on setting up an account, see here. If you are an account "owner", you can send invites to users to set up their accounts. For more information on administering accounts, see here.
The log-in screen appears before the Mira Prism headset and iPhone perform the camera connection and launch the app into "AR" mode required to work with the headset. The log-in screen will confirm why a log-in has failed after credentials have been input: whether it is because the device doesn’t have an internet connection, or because the credentials are incorrect.
a) Credentials are incorrect
If you are unable to log in and are notified your credentials are incorrect, try resetting your password to make sure you have the correct credentials (to reset your password, please user a desktop or laptop browser and visit the log-in page and select reset password to complete the process). If you have reset your password and/or are absolutely sure your credentials are correct and you are still seeing the credentials have been input incorrectly, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
b) Device has no internet connection
If you are unable to log in and are notified that your device has no internet connection, go to the app settings on your iPhone to make sure the phone is connected to Wi-Fi or cellular.
c) Device is automatically trying to connect to VPN
If your phone shows it is connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data but you cannot log in and the message displayed on the log-in screen is that the phone has no network connection, make sure to check your phone is not automatically trying to connect to a VPN, as this will impede access to the network until the connection is established. You can check this under the iPhone's Settings > General > VPN. Either ensure the VPN is connected, or switch it off. Your iPhone may also be connected to a network that is local and not to the internet. Make sure to check with your IT team if you are unsure, or test using cellular data if your iPhone is enabled with it.
d) Attempted to input incorrect credentials too many times (more than 5)
If you attempt to log in more than 5 times on the Mira Prism app used with your Mira Prism headset with an incorrect password, then you will be locked out of your account until you reset your password (see section "a" above for steps).
4. If you still cannot log in and the message is displaying that your iPhone is not connected to the internet despite checking all of the above, then please contact email@example.com.
2. Unable to reset password
Make sure the email address you are using is associated with a Mira account. You can either contact your administrator or firstname.lastname@example.org to verify this.
To complete a password reset, you will need to use Chrome or Edge on a laptop or desktop to open the reset password link sent to your email. If you are trying to reset the password on a mobile device/tablet, opening the link through your email will result in a “your browser is not supported” notification and the password reset will not be completed.
- If you have confirmed all of the above and are still unable to reset your password, please contact email@example.com.
3. Unable to log out of the Mira Prism app on my iPhone
- To log out of the Mira Prism app, while wearing the headset, select the “logout” icon on the app launcher window and confirm.
If you encounter any issues logging out, try closing the app down, and re-launching it by double-tapping the iPhone home screen and swiping away the app. To relaunch simply touch the app icon to open.
- If you still cannot log out, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Unable to pair a Team to my Mira Prism app on my iPhone.
To set up Team log-in, you must be an Owner or Admin. For more information on how to set up Team log-in, please visit the Mira knowledge center.
If you are an Owner or Admin and are unable to pair your Team to your Mira Prism App, make sure you are using the latest Mira Prism app. To check what the latest version of the app is, you can find the app version under “Settings” on the app, or via Testflight. The release notes on the Mira knowledge center confirm the latest version. If your iPhone is managed by your organization’s MDM, please contact your IT administrator. For information on how to download and install the latest Mira Prism app via Testflight, refer to the Mira knowledge center.
If you don’t see the team you are looking for from the drop-down list, make sure the Team has been set up (only available to Owners), or if you are an Admin, you will need to be included on that team by an Owner.
- If you are using the latest version of the Mira Prism app, are an Owner or Admin, and still cannot pair a team, please contact email@example.com.
5. Received a notification on my phone that the Mira Prism app has expired (via Testflight).
- If you use Testflight on your iPhone to download and install the Mira Prism app (instead of the app being managed via your organization’s IT MDM) and you receive a notification the Mira Prism app has expired, open Testflight and check if the app is displayed there. If it is, select “update”.
If the Mira Prism app is not displaying, uninstall Testflight and follow these instructions to re-install both Testflight and the Mira Prism app. By re-installing Testflight, Testflight defaults to auto-updating apps.
If performing the re-install still doesn’t enable you to access the Prism Pro app, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Receiving other phone notifications while using the Headset which interrupts the AR view.
The Mira Prism app operates in “stereoscopy” where the display splits into two so that each eye sees a slightly different view when reflected back off the visor, giving the appearance of depth when overlaid in front of you. If your phone is not set on "Do Not Disturb" or with all notifications switched off, phone notifications may appear during usage which interrupts the experience.
To avoid this situation, go to your iPhone settings and select “Do Not Disturb” from the settings. This will turn off all unexpected notifications.
- If you still receive any phone notifications during usage of the Mira Prism app after you have selected Do Not Disturb and ensured all phone notifications are turned off, please contact email@example.com.
7. Accidentally selected “no” to the trust notification during camera connections.
The camera connection process occasionally throws up an Apple iOS derived “trust computer” notification as the camera on the Prism Headset is identified by the phone as a third-party connected device.
- If you see this notification and select “no”, the camera connection process will not complete.
To reinstate the camera connection, unplug the camera, close the app, re-launch the app, and re-commence the camera connection process. Make sure to select "yes" to the trust notification!