Table of contents
Click a title to jump straight to the section.
1. The LED light is not displayed when charging, OR when the power button is pressed on.
Make sure you are using the wall outlet charger that was provided with the Mira Prism headset. Using a different USB-C charger or using your laptop will not guarantee the necessary amount of charge is being provided to power the Mira Prism headset.
Make sure the wall outlet charger is functioning. You can test this by plugging it into another USB-C device. If the wall outlet charger is not charging any other devices, the wall outlet charger may need replacing (contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Make sure the wall power outlet itself is functioning by plugging in a different wall outlet charger and ensuring it is able to power a device.
- Unplug the headset from the phone so that the phone does not drain the Mira Prism headset battery, and leave the Headset plugged into the functioning wall outlet charger to charge overnight (for >6 hours).
If the Mira Prism headset LED light is still not displaying while charging or when you try to turn on the headset when unplugged from the charger after performing the steps noted above, please contact email@example.com.
2. The headset LED light appears on, but you cannot turn it off.
- Plug the Mira Prism headset into the wall outlet and let it charge overnight.
- The next day, unplug and attempt to turn off the Mira Prism headset by holding down the power button for a few seconds.
- If the Mira Prism headset will not turn off (ie. LED state is frozen), note the LED state (eg. blinking or solid), color, and test to see if the headset camera and phone are able to connect in order to report whether the Headset is still usable or not. Then contact firstname.lastname@example.org and be ready to share this information.
3. The headset LED is on while charging, but does not remain on when unplugged.
- Check the LED color state while the Mira Prism headset is plugged into the wall outlet charger. If it is flashing red, the Mira Prism headset may not have enough power to remain on when unplugged from the wall outlet. In which case, leave the Mira Prism headset to charge until the charging LED light flashes yellow or green. For more information on LED color states, refer to this Mira knowledge center guide.
- If the Mira Prism headset LED light is flashing yellow or green while charging but the LED light then does not display at all when unplugged, try turning it on by pressing the power button on the back of the camera unit. If the LED light does not display either automatically, or after attempting to turn it on manually, please contact email@example.com.
4. The Headset camera connection fails when initially trying to launch the app.
Make sure the Mira Prism headset camera is on by checking that the LED light is displayed and that it is solid white (greater than 20% charge). If the LED is displaying as solid red or is blinking red in cycles of two, plug the Mira Prism headset into the wall outlet charger and allow it to charge until the light is at least flashing yellow or green, and then try again. If the LED is blinking red in cycles of three or more when charging or unplugged, these are error states causing the Mira Prism headset to shut down. Refer to this Mira knowledge center guide for more information.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the Mira Prism app (see the release notes in the Mira knowledge center to confirm). Information on how to identify the version number and update the Mira Prism app is also provided in the Mira knowledge center.
- If the Mira Prism headset camera still fails to connect, perform the following series of steps (as displayed in the troubleshooting steps on the device):
a) Ensure the Mira Prism headset lens is flipped up
b) Physically unplug the camera cable from the phone and close the Mira Prism app (by double-tapping the home button and swiping the app away).
c) Plug the camera cable from the Mira Prism headset back into the phone. You should feel a small vibration and battery icon on the iPhone screen display as charging. If a “trust” notification appears, make sure to confirm.
d) Tap on the Mira Prism app on the home screen to re-launch.
e) With the connection screen displaying, wait for the connection to complete and confirm success. Flip the lens down and continue.
4. If repeating the above steps does not work, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. AR mode doesn’t initiate when I flip the lens down after I have logged in and the successful Camera connection screen is displayed.
- Flip the lens up (Or keep flipped up).
- Close the Mira Prism app on the phone by double-tapping the home button and swiping away the Mira Prism app screen.
- Re-launch the Mira Prism app by tapping the app on the home screen.
You should now either see the camera connecting/connection successful screen or the Mira Prism app already open in AR mode. Flip the lens down and you should now be in AR mode. If the camera connection is unsuccessful, follow the troubleshooting steps for connecting the camera.
- If you’ve followed the steps above and still cannot launch the app into AR mode, please contact email@example.com.
NOTE: You will need to have logged in on the Prism app using your Mira credentials before you can complete the steps above.