The following video (from 1:00 - 2:04, Mira Connect Navigation) and written article helps walk you through the various actions you can perform while wearing the Mira Prism headset during a Connect call.
Please note: to perform the following actions, you must have the headset on. For more information on how to set up the Mira Prism headset, see Unboxing Your Prism Headset.
- Accepting an incoming call
- Taking a picture
- Enabling/Disabling viewfinder
- Sending pictures, and how to use the zoom feature
- Switching between the Connect call windows
- Viewing sent media
- Ending and rating Connect Call
1. Accepting an incoming call
- To accept an incoming call hover the reticle over the green phone button on the middle left of the incoming call window.
- This will start the call. To decline an incoming call select the red button on the middle right. See action to accept below:
- To make a call, open the Connect application, and select a contact from your available contact list to call them.
2. Taking a picture
- To take a picture, select the blue camera button on the bottom right from the main Connect window.
- Once selected you will see a 5 second countdown, allowing you to line up the picture. Once the photo is captured you will be able to review the picture and send it to the remote participant in a message.
3. Sending pictures, and how to use the zoom feature
- Once you have taken a picture, you will be able to review the image.
- If you are satisfied with the image you captured select the blue send arrow on the bottom right. This will send your picture to the remote participate.
- To zoom into the photo, select the magnifying glass on the bottom middle right. Use the pointer arrow to move around the plane of the magnified image.
- Useful tip: This is how you can magnify any content shared during the call, or in Flow.
- Images shared during a Connect call are made available in "Call Reports" at the end of the Connect call. For more information on Call Reports, see Using Connect Call Web Suite.
4. Enabling/ Disabling Viewfinder
- To enable the viewfinder in order to see your shared video stream at anytime, select the viewfinder button located on the bottom left of the digital window (see image below).
- This feature allows you to more easily frame the desired Headset field-of-view to external participants.
- To turn off viewfinder, select the same icon again.
- Note that viewfinder is provided by default when capturing a photo (see gif 2 above).
5. Switching between Connect call windows
- When the remote participant sends you media (an annotated image or text), you will receive a notification that a message has been received.
- You can view the message and/or media by selecting the red envelope icon on the left.
- To return to the main Connect Call screen, select the blue video camera icon on the left.
- In the main Connect Call window you can share pictures, mute your audio, hang-up the call and is where you will view the remote web suite user's desktop or laptop screenshare.
6. Viewing shared media
- When the remote participants sends the headset user an image, you can expand the image to better view in-headset by selecting the white expansion button on the right of the sent picture.
- When you are done viewing the expanded view of the picture, select the top right red "x" to exit out of the window.
7. Ending and rating Connect Call
- To end the call in the headset, go to the main Connect call window and select the red end call button on the bottom middle of the window.
- Once the call has been terminated, you will be prompted to rate your call.
- It is recommended to rate your Connect call experience so we at Mira are able to continually improve and update our product.