The following video (from 1:00 - 2:04, Mira Connect Navigation) and written article helps walk you through the various actions you can perform while wearing the Mira Prism headset during a Connect call.
Please note: to perform the following actions, you must have the headset on. For more information on how to set up the Mira Prism headset, see Unboxing Your Prism Headset.
- Accepting an incoming call
- Taking a picture
- Enabling/Disabling viewfinder
- Sending pictures, and how to use the zoom feature
- Switching between the Connect call windows
- Switching participant videostreams in a Multiparty call
- Viewing sent media
- Ending and rating Connect Call
1. Accepting an incoming call
- To accept an incoming call hover the reticle over the green phone button on the middle left of the incoming call window.
- This will start the call. To decline an incoming call select the red button on the middle right. See action to accept below:
- To make a call, open the Connect application, and select a contact from your available contact list to call them.
2. Taking a picture
- To take a picture, select the blue camera button on the bottom right from the main Connect window.
- Once selected you will see a 5 second countdown, allowing you to line up the picture. Once the photo is captured you will be able to review the picture and send it to the remote participant in a message.
3. Sending pictures, and how to use the zoom feature
- Once you have taken a picture, you will be able to review the image.
- If you are satisfied with the image you captured select the blue send arrow on the bottom right. This will send your picture to the remote participate.
- To zoom into the photo, select the magnifying glass on the bottom middle right. Use the pointer arrow to move around the plane of the magnified image.
- Useful tip: This is how you can magnify any content shared during the call, or in Flow.
- Images shared during a Connect call are made available in "Call Reports" at the end of the Connect call. For more information on Call Reports, see Using Connect Call Web Suite.
4. Enabling/ Disabling Viewfinder
- To enable the viewfinder in order to see your shared video stream at anytime, select the viewfinder button located on the bottom left of the digital window (see image below).
- This feature allows you to more easily frame the desired Headset field-of-view to external participants.
- To turn off viewfinder, select the same icon again.
- Note that viewfinder is provided by default when capturing a photo (see gif 2 above).
5. Switching between Connect call windows
- When the remote participant sends you media (an annotated image or text), you will receive a notification that a message has been received.
- You can view the message and/or media by selecting the red envelope icon on the left.
- To return to the main Connect Call screen, select the blue video camera icon on the left.
- In the main Connect Call window you can share pictures, mute your audio, hang-up the call and is where you will view the remote web suite user's desktop or laptop screenshare.
6. Switching participant videostreams in a Multiparty call
- During a multiparty call with more than one participant, you may wish to view the videostream of another participant rather than the default window you see upon joining the call.
- In order to do so, simply use the upper right menu to gaze and dwell your white dot reticle on the "pin" that appears over the participants' name icon (see "hover pin" below).
7. Viewing shared media
- When the remote participants sends the headset user an image, you can expand the image to better view in-headset by selecting the white expansion button on the right of the sent picture.
- When you are done viewing the expanded view of the picture, select the top right red "x" to exit out of the window.
8. Ending and rating Connect Call
- To end the call in the headset, go to the main Connect call window and select the red end call button on the bottom middle of the window.
- Once the call has been terminated, you will be prompted to rate your call.
- It is recommended to rate your Connect call experience so we at Mira are able to continually improve and update our product.