To ensure your device is fully charged, we recommend the following best practices:
- When the headset isn’t being worn, plug it into the charging cable wall outlet that was sent with your headset.
- For full charge*, allow up to 6 hours of uninterrupted charging time, or until the the headset LED turns solid green.
- When you remove your headset from the charger the headset will remain ON. If you are not going to be using the headset right away, turn off the headset by pressing the button below. The led indicator will blink white and then the light will turn off, meaning that the device is in its OFF state.
- If you have the headset connected to the iPhone, please note that when charging, the iPhone will also charge. When not charging and the headset is on, the iPhone may draw power from the headset.
*Currently, there is a limitation on the % headset battery gauge which does not display all the way up to 100%. A firmware update to resolve this is planned for early Q3 2022.
Understanding expectations on battery life:
- The headset lithium ion battery is designed to maintain for ~500 cycles, after which you can expect typical battery degradation.
- You can expect the battery to last approximately 8 hours if the headset is left on, but not in use, and not connected to the iphone which will draw power.
- You can expect the battery to last approximately 1.5-2 hours of continuous usage.
Setting up a charging station:
We recommend creating a dedicated area or hook for the headset that will be easy to return the headset to and that encourages headset users to plug in the headset when it is not in use.
For full detail on what the LED states look like during and after charging please refer to this article: Prism Pro LED Color States.