The following video provides an introduction to Flow. The transcript is also provided below. You can skip to any section in the video using the chapters feature.
1. Let’s Begin With Mira Flow
Mira Flow enables your organization to digitally create any step-by-step work instruction, checklist or operating procedure, for completion via the hands-free Mira headset or mobile device by your frontline workforce while on-the-job.
Mira Flow is comprised of 3 parts:
i. The Workflow Builder - used to author and publish workflows via the Mira Web Portal.
ii. The published Workflows - guide operators on-site using the Mira Prism Pro headset (or the Flow app, installed on an iPhone or iPad).
iii. The Workflow Reports - which document the outcome of a workflow on the Mira Web Portal, once it has been completed on-site.
2. Why use Mira Flow?
Mira Flow empowers your workforce with access to sequential, standardized instructions while out on-the-job, reducing the probability of error regardless of their experience.
Mira Flow’s authoring suite enables you to easily digitize existing checklists, work instructions or procedure manuals, using a drag and drop authoring tool which requires no coding. Condition-based branching logic also allows you to streamline steps in a workflow, increasing the flexibility and scalability of how each workflow is applied.
Through Mira Flow’s out-of-the box reporting suite, your organization can also easily manage how compliance is tracked across your workforce, helping improve standardization, quality, and productivity.
In these following videos, we are going to show you how you can use Mira Flow. We will do so using the example of a generic forklift pre-start checklist. Awareness of both the condition and safe operation of this equipment is of paramount importance for Site Managers, and requires workforces to follow certain procedures each time. These types of repeated processes are a great fit for the Mira Flow solution.
During your review of these videos, we would recommend you take a moment to consider the types of frontline tasks that would benefit from access to a sequence of steps to guide the operators through completion. The results of these standardized processes are immediately documented as reports for your organization to manage compliance, quality, and efficiency.
3. Structuring How To Use Mira Flow
Let’s begin with the end-to-end process of a workflow (example being an forklift safety inspection checklist standard operating procedure).
- The authoring of workflows is best done by individuals familiar with specific operations at each site. These users must be set up as “Admins” or “Owners” within the Mira Platform.
- Once authored, workflows must be published to the devices in the field. Publishing of workflows is usually done by site managers who oversee operations at their respective sites. These individuals must be set up as “Owners” within the Mira Platform.
- Once published, workflows can be executed by operators performing daily tasks at each site. These users can be set up as “Members” on the Mira Platform. Admin and Owners can also perform workflows.
- The reporting of completed workflows provide an audit trail for Site Managers who oversee operations at their respective sites.