**Please note that the following instructions are only applicable if you have been informed you need to update your Prism's firmware.
What are Firmware Updates
- Firmware updates deliver new capabilities and stability improvements to your Prism Pro Headsets.
- All users will be informed about upcoming Firmware updates via a latest release email, however the release notes will also be made available here.
- Firmware updates are released periodically and are installed via the Prism Pro App.
- Users with the admin and owner role will be notified after logging in on the Headset if a Firmware update is available and can choose to install it or be reminded at the subsequent login.
- The first Firmware update to a Prims Pro Headset needs to occur via the TestFlight Prism Pro Application. Subsequent updates can be installed via Business Releases of the Prism Pro App.
What you will need for the Initial Prism Pro Firmware Update
- The Firmware update will take about 40 minutes, and the headset can not be used during the installation of the update.
- Stable internet connection to download the Firmware update
- Fully charged iPhone or iPod touch
- With Lightning Connector
- Test Flight installed
- Latest Prism Pro App release 3.7.0 or higher
- Fully charged Prism Pro headset.
- Mira account
- Phone Auto-lock disabled (see instructions below)
To ensure that the Prism Pro and phone stay connected during the update, please follow these instructions to disable auto-lock on your device.
Firmware Update Instructions
1. Open the Prism Pro App on your mobile device
2. Log in with your Mira account
3. You will be prompted with the Firmware update if your organization has been granted access to the firmware update and the headset does not have the latest Firmware installed.
5. Select Download to get the latest Firmware Package. Alternatively you can select remind me later, which means that you or anyone else with the device will be prompted with the update screen upon login.
6. The Firmware update will take a couple of minutes to download depending on your wifi speed.
7. If the download succeeds you will see the following message. Select Continue.
8. Read the following instructions before proceeding with the installation. Then select Install
- Do not disconnect the mobile device from the headset
- Do not close the application
- Keep the device in a stable position so that it does not move during the installation process.
9. The installation will take about 35 minutes. During the installation process the headset will automatically restart and your phone may vibrate.
10. Your phone may prompt a request to trust the external device upon restart. Please select Trust to proceed with the installation. Selecting Don't Trust or leaving this notification for longer than a few minutes can cause the installation to fail and have to be re-started.
10. When the installation has succeeded you will be presented with a success message. Select Continue to start using your headset.
If any issues occur during the Firmware update, you will be presented with troubleshooting instructions.
- Headset Disconnected - If your headset disconnects before the installation begins, you can reconnect the headset to dismiss the following message and proceed with the Firmware update.
- Your phone may prompt a request to "trust the external device" upon re-boot during installation. If not selected for a period of time, this can cause the installation to have to be re-started. If you run into this issue, simply go ahead and re-install (as per step 8), and check to see if the trust notification appears again (if it does, go ahead and select "trust").
- If you run into any other issues during the firmware update and require help, please contact our support team at: email@example.com.