General Best Practices
- (For Demos) Test in advance on the exact systems that will be used during the demo to test configurations and minimize any surprises
- (For Demos) Manage Expectations - Remote Participant users will experience slightly increased lag. They are viewing a video call within a video call.
- Use Bluetooth Headphone on the headset side to eliminate risks of feedback noise on the call.
- Ensure MS Teams has “Share System Audio” enabled. This permits the audio from the Mira Connect session to be shared with other participants.
- Note: Audio shared with "Share System Audio" enabled is supported in one direction, the Remote Participant(s) will be able to hear the Headset User. Two-way Audio to the Headset User is restricted to the Remote Expert only. This enables the Remote Expert to administer the call and minimize distractions to the Headset User from Remote Participant cross-talk.
- The remote expert is running both Mira’s Connect App in the Web Portal as well as the Teams App
- The headset user is wearing the headset.
- The participants that call into the Teams call
Setting up the call for MS Teams
- Start a meeting with MS Teams
- Add participants
- Ensure “Include System Audio” is selected on Teams. Learn more
- Start Mira Connect Call
- Share Screen using MS Teams to broadcast the Headset Users POV video to other participants.
- Note- Only the Head User and Remote Expert will have continuous bi-directional communication. Remote participants will be able to hear the Headset User but will not be able to speak with the Headset User directly.