NOTE: Procedures specific to COVID-19 are in bold.
WARNING: DO NOT run water over electronics enclosures.
Please clean the device at least once a week to prevent particle build up. If dirt or particle build up is noticed, please clean the device promptly.
Before cleaning your device, please ensure the External Camera is unplugged from the Charging Cable and your device is powered off. To power off the device, hold down the Power Button located on the rear of the External Camera. Once the Status LED turns OFF, you are ready to clean the device.
- To clean the external camera lens and reflective AR lens (highlighted in blue), gently wipe down the surfaces with a non-abrasive, pre-moistened, alcohol-based lens towelette designed for safely cleaning eyewear.
- Please treat the lenses with care. If you notice any scratches or damage to optical coatings caused during the cleaning process, please stop and evaluate the materials you are using and ensure that they rated for cleaning eyewear.
- Between each use, wipe down the velcro removable head pads (highlighted in blue) with a pre-moistened, alcohol-based lens towelette, or hand wash with soap and water. Let the head pads air dry fully before use.
- We recommend cleaning Mira devices between each use with anti-bacterial Lysol (EPA 777-136) and a non-abrasive cloth. Make sure the cleaning agent contacts the full surface of the device and let sit for 30 seconds. After the equipment has had time to air dry, wipe off any remaining cleaning solution with a dry non-abrasive cloth.
- You may notice that some plastic components will release traces of colored dye when in contact with Lysol. This dye (Product Code: RITPOWDER) is non hazardous to health as specified by the 2012 OSHA Hazard Communication Standard. The release of this dye is not an issue for product functionality and is purely cosmetic. Please make sure all component surfaces are dry before resuming use to ensure no color will continue to release.