Making a Call
Open Connect via the app launcher in the top right corner of the web portal.
Select the contact you would like to call from the list of available Connect contacts.
Select call to initiate the Connect call with the selected participant.
Accept Camera and Microphone Permissions
If you are making your first call on this browser, you may be prompted to enable microphone and camera access.
If a dialogue pops up requesting to use your microphone and camera, click allow.
Once in a Connect session, both you and the headset users should be able to speak with each other. If you have a webcam on your computer, the headset user will be able to see your face via your computer's webcam while you can see what they are seeing in realtime.
Muting Local Audio
If you would like to mute your microphone so that the headset user cannot hear you, click the microphone button.
Muting Local Video
If you would like to disable your local webcam so that the headset user cannot see you, click the video button.
Sending Text Messages
In addition to speaking to the headset user, you can also send messages. Use this in loud environments or in situations in which you want to ensure you are properly heard.
- Click the message button in the bottom right to open up the message dialogue.
- Type your message to the headset user.
- Click send or hit return on your keyboard to send your message.
While on a call, the web user has the ability to make annotations to visually call out objects and locations within the headset user's environment.
- To make an annotation, click the start annotation button in the bottom left of the call window.
- The video feed will freeze as a screenshot.
- Use your mouse or trackpad to draw your annotations over the screenshot.
- Click the send button in the bottom left to send your annotated screenshot to the user in the headset.
Sharing a Desktop Screen or Window
While on a Connect call, the web user can also share a screen with the headset user.
To share live content with the headset user, click the screen sharing icon:
- Use the Your Entire Screen tab to share a full desktop screen.
- Use the Application Window tab to share one specific application window.
- Use the Chrome Tab to share another tab within your web-browser.