What is the Mira Prism app?
- The Mira Prism app is the iOS (Apple) application that is used with the Mira Prism headset.
- If you have already watched the Mira Prism headset unboxing video, and/or received your headset and read the instruction booklet you received with it, then you will already be familiar with the process of downloading and installing this application via TestFlight.
- Otherwise, you can use this article to help guide you on how to set up the Mira Prism app on your iPhone(s).
- This article predominantly focusses on how to access the Mira Prism app via TestFlight (see why Testflight?). If you would like your organization to access the Mira Prism app via your organization's Mobile Device Management (MDM) service, please refer to the last section of this article (see Accessing the Mira Prism Business app to distribute via your organization's Mobile Device Management (MDM) system)
Requirements to set up the Mira Prism app
To setup and use the Mira Prism app with a Mira Prism headset, you will first need to ensure you have the following:
- A Mira account
- A Mira Prism headset
- A Mira Prism headset compatible mobile device:
- Note: the Mira Prism headset is incompatible with all iPhone Plus models.
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 8
- iPhone SE (2nd generation, 2020)
- An Apple ID to authenticate in TestFlight
Step 1: Download TestFlight
To maintain a system in which we can frequently push out app updates, we currently use Apple's TestFlight to install the app.
TestFlight is an alternative to the standard iOS App Store and is also owned by Apple.
To download TestFlight on the mobile device, scan the below QR code using your camera or click here.
If you are unable to use the previous option to find TestFlight, you can go to the App Store and search "TestFlight" or use the following link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/testflight/id899247664?mt=8
You may be presented with a two step process to Get TestFlight and Join the Beta. Going ahead and start with Step 1 Get TestFlight.
You will need an Apple ID to install TestFlight on the device. If you do not already have one, select Create New Apple ID to proceed.
Step 2: Download The Mira Prism app
Once you have TestFlight downloaded, scan the below QR code on the mobile device to download Mira's Prism app. If you are unable to scan the QR code, you can click here or use the following link: https://apple.co/2CPDhB3
After following the link, you will be brought to a TestFlight page to accept your app invitation and install the latest version of the Mira app. Click the ACCEPT button to proceed.
Step 3: Install The Mira Prism app
Click the INSTALL button to download Mira's Prism app.
Step 4: Log into Mira's Prism app
Once you've accepted and installed the Prism app, you'll be able to open the app and log in with you Mira account. Type in the same Email and Password you set up on the web portal to log in. If you have not yet created your Mira account, follow the instructions on the Welcome to Mira! page.
Get your Prism ready, and follow the onscreen instructions (or our handy getting started video) to get up and running in AR!
- Unlike applications which are made available through Apple's public facing iOS app store, the Mira Prism app is not a consumer facing app.
- The Mira Prism application is designed for use with Mira Prism headsets that are sold to industrial business customers.
- Apple's "TestFlight" platform provides a distribution channel where the app is not exposed directly to consumers who do not own a Mira Prism headset.
- For many customers, downloading and installing TestFlight to phones used with their Mira headsets is a quick and easy way to get started with setting up the iPhone(s) with the Mira Prism app.
- For customers where the Mira Prism application needs to be distributed via their IT organization through a Mobile Device Management service (eg where iPhones are owned and managed by your organization rather than "BYOD"), the Mira Prism "Business" app can be provided as follows (see next section).
Accessing the Mira Prism Business app to distribute via your organization's Mobile Device Management (MDM) service
- We are also able to leverage Apple’s Enterprise “Custom App” private distribution service (sometimes also called “B2B” or “VPP”) so your organization can receive and then push via your own MDM service.
- This requires that your organization has an “Organization ID” with Apple and access to Apple Business Manager (a quick google search of your own MDM service + Apple Business Manager should confirm how to use ABM with your MDM).
- To set up access, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and let us know you would like to distribute the app via ABM. All you will need to do is:
- confirm your “Organization ID” with Apple.
- ensure your ABM console also has "custom apps"
- Both of these can be confirmed by accessing Settings > Enrollment information in your ABM console:
For more help, shoot us an email at email@example.com